Thursday 14 July 2011

Burnt Ribbon Flower

I learn't how to make this gorgeous ribbon flower just the other day and could not wait to give it a try.  SC341 is a great sketch so I combined the two.

Here is the sketch

Nice and simple sketch to get me going today.  I used Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon and stuck it in a circle around a large circle I punched out.  Then I used the heat gun to melt the edges and mounted it with a lovely antique brad.  Pretty in Pink Subtle DSP and card stock were used along with Very Vanilla and Pear Pizazz.    I used the wing of the 2 Step bird Punch for the leaves as well.   The coordinating card stock was run through the Vintage Wallpaper and  Framed Tulip embossing folders for an extra special touch. 


This flower could easily be made into a hat pin or brooch as it finishes quite solid.  For my purposes today it was just perfect.  I didn't use a sentiment as I will wait till I have a use for it, but it could easily be used as a Mother's Day or Wedding card. 

Paper: Pretty In Pink (106568), Very Vanilla (106550) Pear Pizazz (121693), Subtles DSP (117152)
Ink: None.
Cool Tools:  Big Shot Machine, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder (121809), Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (120175), 2 Step Bird Punch (117191), 2 1/2" Circle Punch (120906)
The Perfect Touch: Antique Brad (117273) 
 
Thanks For Looking,


TRICIA

No comments:

Post a Comment