Wednesday 31 August 2011

Father's Day Card

Well I have finally made it back here.  It has been a while....but I managed to make 2 cards today.
The 1st is a Father's Day card just in time for this Sunday.  Masculine cards are always a challenge for me but with the Fly Fishing stamp set I cant lose.  My husband is an avid fly fisherman and cherishes anything with these scenes so I know he will love it.  

The trout is clear embossed and then coloured with pens and ink.  I was trying to get a rainbow trout look which I think came out ok. It is so much nicer in real life as the embossing really makes the trout come alive and feel like it has scales.    I could have coloured water and reeds etc.. but I felt that by keeping it simple it gives the trout pride of place.

Stamp Sets:  Fly Fishing(retired), Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Paper:  Whisper White, Soft Suede, Neutrals DSP, Crumb Cake.
Ink: Soft Suede, VersaMark,
Cool Tools:  Square lattice embossing folder, Bigshot, Mat pack & Paper Piercing tool, Antique Brass Metallic brads.


Thanks For Looking,

TRICIA




No comments:

Post a Comment