Saturday 1 December 2012

A 60th Birthday Card - Female VS Male

As a nice change to all these Christmas projects I have made two different birthday cards.  My husband came home yesterday and requested two cards.  One female, one male - both needed for 60th birthdays next week.

I had an idea to use Everything Eleanor but when I sat down to make it it came out very different than intended & I ended up using Apothecary Art stamp set & Label Framelits instead.  Do you have this happen to you?

I really love Primrose Petals which is surprising as I was not that keen on it when it first came out.  I am an In Colour girl all the way and tend to reach for those before the usual colour families.

60th Female Card - Close Up

60th Female Card 
Then, to make the male version I wanted something a bit less "fluffy" if you know what I mean.  I haven't used the paper piercing mats before so I thought I would try using them on this card to add something different to the design.
60th Male Card Close Up
60th Male Card
For the male version I used some retired DSP called Elegant Soiree.  The Apothecary Framelits were a bit to rounded so I trimmed the top & bottom to give it a more masculine feel.

FEMALE

Stamp Set: Memorable Moments, Apothecary Art, Kindness Matters.
Paper:  Primrose Petals, Old Olive & Very Vanilla.  
Ink:   Black Stayzon, Primrose Petals, Old Olive
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Framelits - Labels Collection, 1" Square Punch,Dimensionals, Pearls, Champagne Shimmer paint (on butterflies), Blender Pen

MALE
Stamp Set: Memorable Moments.
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Soft Suede & Very Vanilla, Elegant Soiree DSP (retired). 
Ink:   Black Stayzon, Baja Breeze.
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Framelits - Apothecary Accents, 1" Square Punch, Dimensionals, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Metallic Brads.  

Thanks For Looking,
TRICIA  


No comments:

Post a Comment