Monday 24 August 2020

Trimming The Town Suite by Stampin' Up!

 I wasn't a huge fan of this suite when I first saw it but after seeing the DSP I decided I would give it a chance.  Not only is this suite fun & creative, it's a "Making  A Difference set".   Stampin' Up! will donate $4.25AUD from every Coming Home stamp set sold to charities devoted to adoption, foster care & infertility.  Boy, am I glad I did buy this suite as it is now my most favourite suite in the August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue! 

I ordered the full suite collection using the code#155105.  Did you know this is a thing?!  You can order a whole suite in one go! I figured I would use all of these things so hey, why not get it all & I am so glad I did. 

The colours are really bright & fun but subtle in a cool kind of way. Misty Moonlight has a muted tone that really brings this suite to life. 

As always when playing with a full suite I like to CASE the catalogue. I started with what I thought was a simple card using the snowflake DSP & the red house pictured below on the right. 


Boy was I wrong! This card is actually quite time consuming to create. Not only are there 3 layers of snow but 3 houses & 2 trees to colour in.   I got there in the end & must say it does look really lovely in person, so well worth the time it took to create. 


I love how the Trimming The Town DSP has 2 full sheets of words for you to cut out & use on your cards.  Many are in other languages, but there are still plenty in English to use. I've added Wink of Stella to the trees & edges of the snowy hills but its a bit hard to see in the photo. I used a sponge dauber to sponge around the snowflake DSP using Misty Moonlight ink as per the original creation.

Next I felt like another challenge & chose the top right card.  Looks simple enough, but once again there were quite a few layers on this one too. 

I really like these houses in the DSP & the best part is those genius designers at Stampin' Up! made it so the dies cut out these houses - YAY!   You get 2 full sheets of houses to create with, but sadly these particular colours are not featured as much. The Home Together Dies (#153515) cut out not only the houses in this DSP, but also the trees, the wreathe, & create the snow hills, plus there are extra dies to create cute packaging & other decorations for your cards.  For instance when I CASED this next card I used the car die & how cute is it?! 

We've had terrible weather these past few days so it was a great opportunity to dig out my Stampin' Blends & colour in some of these cute houses. To my horror I don't own that punch that is on the original card, so this will need to be rectified soon! The ribbon comes in a combo pack called All The Trimmings with old love & real red. In real life this ribbon is so shiny & sparkly with the gold edging. It's going to be very versatile to use on many Christmas projects.  The sentiment isn't actually from this stamps set. It is from one I used in my last post, Tag Buffet. I've heat embossed it in white as per the original card. 

This next card was the easiest of all the cards to CASE.  This card is a piece of the DSP & I have changed the sentiment to one I wanted to try.  Once again you get 2 full sheets of this fun scene DSP & these would look lovely framed as is or highlighted with more houses. It took a lot for me to cut into this sheet as it is so lovely.


I am not sure I like this sentiment. I played around quite a few times & left it at this, but will most likely change it out again once I find a combination I like.  The original card uses Tag Buffet once again, however I chose the striking Wrapped in Christmas stamp set (#153481) as I wanted to try out highlighting the word JOY & bring a bit more Real Red to the card.  How cute are those Adhesive Snowflakes?!  They are not part of this suite but are available from this catalogue (#153545) & give this card a bit of extra bling.  

I haven't made the last card featured in the original catalogue photo, perhaps you might like to?   You can order all of these products from my online store or contact me to order for you. 

There are so many fun combinations using this DSP.  Next time I will show you another couple of creations made using this suite, but in a very different way. 

Until then, 

Happy Crafting 

Tricia





No comments:

Post a Comment