Friday 16 October 2020

Stampin' Up! Warm & Toasty Polar Bear Card

 I don't know about you but I am a complete sucker for a cute polar bear stamp. When I saw the Warm & Toasty stamp set in the Stampin' Up! August-December 2020 Mini Catalogue I knew it would be coming to live with me.  All the images are very cute!


         

When it arrived I sat & looked at it & moved it to the back of my shelf. I picked it up a few times but nothing was coming to me, so it went back on the shelf again. This past week I had a stamping session with a friend over FaceTime (which is about all we can do right now due to Covid lockdown) & we chose to create with this set. 

I had an idea on what I wanted to do but wasn't sure it would work.  Here is what I came up with. We had a great time creating each other's cards over FaceTime & this set finally got the ink it deserved.   



I started with a thick Whisper white base. Next I used the Stitched Rectangles to cut a layer then cut out a circle.  I used a square of Snowflake Splendour DSP on the base then stamped the big polar bear in Momento black. I used the light Night Of Navy & the light Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends to colour in the scarf & hat & some Wink of Stella on the bear's body. It's hard to see or photograph but he looks very sparkly! Both the stitched rectangle & polar bear are popped up on some dimensionals to give a 3d type look.  



Next I flicked some Wink of Stella randomly over the card & added a few Snowflake sequins.  For the sentiment I have used Itty Bitty sentiments.  It may horrify you but this stamp actually said Blessed Christmas wishes, however I didn't like that & knew I wouldn't use it if I left it like this so I snipped of the blessed part!  

I used the new Lovely Labels Pick a punch to make the sentiment strip. This is a great punch but does take a bit of fiddling to get a good result. The ribbon is  Seaside Spray 1/4" Metallic ribbon from the Annual catalogue. 

I look forward to our next online creating session, & really hope this stamp sets sees some more ink in the future. 





Happy Crafting

Tricia 



No comments:

Post a Comment