Friday 19 June 2015

Thank You Box Of Cards for CTC 35


Welcome back to another week of blog-hopping with CASE-ing The Catty. You may have hopped here from Stasia's blog or you might just be starting your travels here with me.  If you get lost along the way, just hop on over to the CASE-ing the Catty blog where there is a full list of participants.  



 Whilst perusing the catalogue last week I came across a really cute card in the thank you section of the Catalogue.  See that one in the basket with the hearts - It looks simple enough doesn't it.



I can tell you after 3 tries at CASE-ing that card, it isn't just a simple card.  Each heart has fancy bits on them & then trying to line the hearts up evenly, it was all too much.  So I pushed that project aside & made another that was based on this idea, but totally different.  Firstly, lets take a look at my CASED attempt at the card using the new In Colours paper stacks.


As I said before I was inspired to try a different case project (read: I was getting frustrated), & since I have a new love affair with the gift bag punch board, I decided to make a box of simple Thank You cards using my spare hearts from my case attempts.  Did you know the DSP stacks are now rejigged & modern looking? I noticed that the script side of the DSP had lots of thank you & grateful words.  Perfect for this type of project.  Only problem is I don't have many thank you stamps!   I found one in my B.Y.O.P stamp set that worked so I went with that.  For the front I used a new hostess stamp set called A Whole Lot Of Lovely & clear embossed the box all over randomly with the small flower in the set as well.
 To make this card box I used the Large box measurements that come with the punch board & cut my Kraft card stock down to match my cards (6" x 12"). 




 I decided they needed little envelopes so I made those too with the envelope punch board.

In Color Mini Card Set

I must say with all these punch boards being used my bigshot was getting very jealous!   I chose to use the new In Colors for 2015-2016 as I really wanted to show case them, but any set of colours or even the neutral background would work great.

So, which project do you prefer? My simple case or my In Color card box with the little thank you cards?

Ready to hop on over to the next blog? You are off to Rebecca's Blog to see what she has in store for you. I wonder what she has CASED? 




Thanks for stopping by
Tricia




8 comments:

  1. Your box of cards are lovely in the in colours and you did so well in recreating the stand alone card as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the card with hearts with 'bits' on them, well done you for going on to make the cute boxed cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you she been busy! Love the box of cards, such a cute set and it showcases the new DSP really well. But then I love the first card as well, though with all those embellishments I can totally see it would take some time to put together. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are fabulous, Tricia! Love the details of the different hearts on your first card & how they "pop" on the craft background. Then the cute boxed set shows off the new colours & your extra hearts beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I feel your pain Tricia. Sometimes my bin has more discarded project 'fails' than I have wins on my desk at the end of the day. Love ALL your cute projects though. I didn't even notice the heart card in the catty. Great spotting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both your projects, Tricia. The cased card is fabulous; the colours look great on kraft. The set of cards is super cute too and a great way to display the In Colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO much to love!!! I love your first card and the little notecards are just delightful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the little box of cards, and I really loved your story of how they evolved - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete