Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Hardest Card To Make


I know many people say that masculine cards are hard to make, but for me sympathy cards are harder.  I find them hard as they are so personal & it is such a difficult time for all involved.  You might worry that giving a card when someone dies doesn't really matter, but being a person who has lost someone dear to me I have to say that card means more than the paper it is on.    It means you took the time to really think of the loved one, to share in the sorrow & make something to remember them.

This one in particular was incredibly hard to make.   The world lost a beautiful, kind & generous lady this last week.  This special lady attended many of my classes & events & I was lucky enough to call her a friend.  I remember she loved blue, butterflies & flowers.  She didn't like pink or messy techniques like tearing.  I wanted to make something that she would have liked.  She really made some of the most beautiful cards & shared her love of card making with her sister & daughter.   I am so proud that I was the one that introduced these ladies to card making.  It not only gave them a creative outlet but it gave them precious times together & memories that will last a lifetime.  


I attempted this card about 4 times using lots of different techniques, but in the end I chose to watercolour the flower from the Hostess set, Bloom With Hope.  I coloured the white ribbon using the Night of Navy Blendabilities as I really wanted to use a navy ribbon & didn't have any.  I used the sentiment from the retired Hostess set Simply Sketched.   RIP Hanna. 


Thanks For Looking,
TRICIA 

No comments:

Post a Comment