Sunday 17 January 2016

CTC62 Time For A Sale-A-Bration!

It's my favourite time fo the year, SALE-A-BRATION!  Yay! I love earning freebies & the products this year are all so lovely, I want them all!  You may have come from Rebecca's blog or you may have started right here. Either way welcome to the CASE-ing the Catty Sale-A-Bration blog hop.

Today for the CASE-ing The Catty Blog Hop I have decided to case the cute ice cream card on the front cover of the Sale-A-Bration catalogue.  Do you know the one I mean?  Here let me refresh your memory....See that one up on the top shelf?


It's my daughter's 12th Birthday this week so I used the catalogue as inspiration for her card. I opened my Birthday Bouquet DSP & there looking at me were the prettiest ice creams I have ever seen.  It took all of my strength to cut this paper up, but doesn't that give me an excuse to buy more? 



It's a very simple card but looks quite effective with the cute honeycomb embellishment over the ice cream don't you think?  I used my blender pen to colour in the ice cream & the DSP matched the whole layout perfectly.  I used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Balloon Celebration set.  Don't you just love the whimsical swirly font in this set. 

While I was looking at that stamp set I thought hmm these balloons might look ok in a similar style to this case.  Here is my Balloon Celebration version.  The honeycomb embellishments didn't quite go with my bright layout, so I made my own out of the Balloon Bouquet punch. I coloured my balloons in with a blender pen & inks & it was only when I finished I realised there was a solid balloon stamp in this set that would have saved me so much time!



Time to hop on over to the next blog to see what Elizabeth has in store for you.  I can't wait to see what she has come up with! 

Thanks for stopping by
Tricia 

  



11 comments:

  1. Great cards Tricia! I know what you mean about finding it hard to cut up that ice cream paper. Isn't it gorgeous? Thanks for sharing your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, Tricia. I think I might just have to CASE a similar one with the ice cream paper and honeycomb embellishment. Scrumptious for you dear daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 2 gorgeous cards!! I just love those numbers! Happy Birthday to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about finding a solid stamp AFTER the colouring is done! Your card is gorgeous though and what a great way to step up the original idea!! Love your CASE (and I love the DSP too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful card. I love the adorable ice cream comb combined with the DSP! A match made in heaven. A big Happy Birthday to your daughter too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your daughter's soft & pretty card. That DSP paired with your stamped ice cream & big numbers is sooo sweet! Clever 3D embellishment CASE too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea to combine the beautiful designer series paper and the every so cute honeycomb embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to chuckle when you said it was all you could do to cut into that gorgeous DSP, but I get it. Wow! Two simple great cards. Your daughter's birthday card is my favourite, although the balloon card runs a very close second. Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both your cards, Tricia, but especially your daughter's birthday card. I'm sure she will love it too. That ice cream cone looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable birthday cards, Tricia. I'm sure your daughter loved her personalized number of years card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great CASEs Tricia! I bet your daughter loved her card - who wouldn't! I love them both! That 3D balloon is way cool!

    ReplyDelete