Sunday 27 July 2014

Blended Bloom Flower 2 Ways


Blended Bloom is a great single stamp to begin your Stampin' Blendabilities journey with & it can be found on page 167 of the Annual Catalogue.


My daughter Amelie & I have been learning the art of Zentangle (yoga for the brain) since Ange, my downline introduced us to this art style a few months ago.  Since then we have been having such a great time together drawing & filling in the spaces with these little doodle designs.  I have even introduced Sara a friend of ours to this style of art as well.  I can't wait to see her designs as she is quite the artist.

 I stamped out a pile of the blended bloom images using the Momento Black ink for my recent catalogue launch day, for people to have a try of the blendabilities markers.  There were lots left over so I thought, why not try a Zentangle one.


 It looks kind of busy but quite effective don't you think?  The Project life journalling pens are perfect for this type of art.   I used the Neutrals paper stack as a background & Geometrical for the sentiment.   Here is a close up of the flower all coloured in.



Blended Bloom is perfect for this technique as it is an outline image with lots of white space.  You can always draw your own image & fill with doodles as well.  Here is Amelie's art work using the Zentangle technique to depict a tsunami wave.    I love it!


I have seen so many of these Blended Bloom flowers stamped & coloured with the Blendabilities, I am sure you have too!   I was having a play with my Blendabilities recently & had a great time colouring this stamp image in.  It does take a while , but it is really effective don't you think.   I originally only had the Calypso Coral Blendabilities Markers so this card was designed using those colours.  I used the retired Water Colour Wonder DSP & Little Leaves Sizzlits die.  I have added a bit of gold embossing & a few Gorgeous Grunge splotches


And here is a close up of the flower coloured with the Calypso Coral Blendabilities Markers.  



Thanks For Looking,
TRICIA 

No comments:

Post a Comment