Friday 31 August 2012

Casing Shelli - A Betsy's Blossom Frame.

I have to say I have always loved Shelli's style when it comes to projects.  Those of you wondering who I mean by Shelli have to understand that I mean Shelli Gardner - CEO and Co-founder of Stampin' Up! of course.  There is no other Shelli!

I was admiring her blog recently when I came across this ....

Seriously, how pretty is that?  Here is the link to .....Shelli's Frame on her blog.

I loved it and wanted to recreate it "my way" but as we as demonstrators here in Australia only had limited items we could preorder I could not get my hands on those amazing Vintage Faceted Designer buttons! Oh how I pine for some of those buttons & those cute Dahlias too come to think of it.

Well, I made do with what I have in my little room of goodies and here is what I came up with...

My version of Shelli's Betsy's Blossom Frame
 I may or may not add the vintage Faceted Buttons when I finally get my hands on them but just in case I have left room for them.  I used different DSP too & changed the colour of the bird to my fave In Colour - Midnight Muse.  I am quite surprised by how much Summer Starfruit is growing on me too.  When I first saw it I literally said "Ewwww!" but now I am beginning to come around to it's charms.   I love it in this frame - both the leaves and DSP are Summer Starfruit.  

Paper:  Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals ( small flower), Summer Starfruit(leaves) & Patio Party DSP
Stamp sets: Loving Thoughts, Betsy's Blossoms
Cool Tools: Bigshot, Framelit Labels Collection, 1" Square punch, Blossom Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Flower punch, Paper snips, Dimensionals & Brights 4.8mm brads(Daffodil Delight), Heat Gun, Clear Embossing Powder, Paper Piercer & Petals a Plenty Embossing Folder. 

Thanks For Looking,

TRICIA





No comments:

Post a Comment