Thursday 21 May 2015

Painted Blooms 50th Birthday Card & A Sneak Peek Version too!

I almost forgot to share this card I made for a friends birthday in April.  Can you believe it was a whole month ago!  I was waiting for the recipient to get her card before I shared it with the whole world, then I completely forgot all about it in the excitement of Convention.   I took a quick photo before I gave it to her, but unfortunately the photo isn't that good.  You will get the idea though.


Here is Leanne's card:


Happy 50th Leanne!

I used Rose Red which isn't a colour I use very much, but it looks lovely with the Painted Blooms DSP & Soft Sky don't you think? 

Ok so as I was loading this up onto the blog, I decided I needed to make a "NEW" version of this card.  Whilst at convention we were given a pack of the Bohemian DSP.  I am NOT a fan of purple so this one was my least favourite gifts.  I was stumped as to how I was going to use this paper.  When I got home I preordered the in colours & my least favourite colour was Delightful Dijon.  To me it was far from delightful!  But, after challenging myself to use both this DSP & the non delightful dijon I actually quite like them both now!   I think that YES they are rather strong bold colours, but when used correctly you can get a soft effect. 

I am not kidding you this DSP is bright! 

My recreated version in Bohemian DSP:

You know I am starting to like this Dijon Colour!  I have made a few more cards using this DSP which I will share soon.    Which version do you prefer?  Old or new? 

Thanks for stopping by
Tricia


No comments:

Post a Comment